[pct-l] Hiking Speed

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Thu Jan 27 11:45:58 CST 2011

You might try Mail Drops page in TrailJournals.com for PCT hikes. For
example our PCT2000 hike (
http://www.trailjournals.com/maildrop.cfm?trailname=4371 ) has the mileages
and actual arrival dates for all our re-supply points.

Our crude method of planning re-supplies is to plan 20 miles/day. If we have
a few miles remainder we figure hiking into the re-supply with no food. The
only time we have been seriously short of food was one long, seriously bad
section of the Idaho Centennial Trail in 2010. We sometimes drop extra food
into hiker boxes where they exist.

Ken
www.GottaWalk.com