[pct-l] Clothing questions...et al...

Steven dvsteven dvsteven at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 16:06:46 CST 2011

Hi once again all.....

Do I need long pants and shirts to hike the PCT?  My only reference point was the AT that I needed none (hello the Green Tunnel).  I love to hike in shorts and short sleeves.... do I need a mosquito head net?  I love deet.... lol.  On the AT there were a few bad places but I just deeted up.

My start date is 4/15 and by the way I'm sending my resupplies as all drop boxes (21) and I'm bouncing my computer and chargers (sorry all I'm a PC guy not a MAC guy).   Anyone that is close to me can use my equipment (I'm planning on about 6-10 zeroes (as opposed to my 25-30 on the AT).

My 3 big zeroes (2 days each) are Mojave, Bend Oregon (to take some IT tests) and another tbd.

As always looking forward to any and all responses,

Flying Tortoise