[pct-l] ZPacks HexaNet Solo Bug Shelter

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Jan 28 21:06:07 CST 2011

I've never sewn silnylon. I can only imagine the headaches! I have a
Pfaff and someone told me they come with a walking foot so I could be
sewing silnylon right now. I have a box of feet but have never looked
to see if any of them is a walking foot (as if I'd even know what one
looked like.)

My latest thing is to use my Pfaff to sew shoes. I've been trying to
make my own shoes. I am determined to one day make a pair of hiking
shoes. I have made some but they aren't perfect. I used my Pfaff,
sans thread, to punch holes in the leather for even hand stitches.

Making your own gear is fun. I don't even really care that my tarp
and bug net tent weigh more than a Hexamid, or that my homemade
hiking shoes are leather and not breathable mesh. It's fun to make
stuff.