[pct-l] ice axe length

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sat Jan 29 16:50:04 CST 2011

Good afternoon,

Belaying, with or without an ice axe, is something done with climbing ropes;
and climbing ropes are very rarely seen on the trail and even more rarely
needed.  Saying self-arrest can’t be performed with a short ice axe is just
plain silly.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09