[pct-l] hiking partners for women a must?

Jim Bravo jimbravo2 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 20:10:31 CST 2011

Dear Jamie: I have broken down and analyzed your recent post.

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 7:49 PM, jamie szewczyk <jamieszew723 at gmail.com>wrote:

*"I am a 29 year old female"*

This sentence is where the trouble starts.The male pre-verts on the
list just woke up...( no names here, you know who you are)

*"whose hiking partner just bailed on our planned thru-hike unfortunately
for them."*

Oh brother. Better yet, an ABANDONED female, on the pct hiking
partner-rebound, so-to-speak...

*"I was wondering if I could join a hiking group that is starting at
kick-off."*

Oh yeah, some of those losers love group encounters...

*"I do not want to be traveling alone in the woods as I feel I would need to
carry a gun to protect me from who or whatever."*

Take the gun! And a derringer in your gaiters as back-up. A stiletto in your
water bottle holster would be nice. Oh yeah, and don't brush your teeth,
comb your hair, or shower at all until Canada. Every little bit helps...

*"I would feel so much better about this journey inward and otherwise if I
knew some people have my back*."

Fifty potential attackers just spit out their rum and Coke (or Pepsi). A
SENSITIVE, abandoned, 29-year-old female hiker. Oh they'll have your back
alright, over a CAMPFIRE by night three...

*"Any ideas??"*

I just can't continue this...damn, spilled my rum and Coke.

Just kidding. The hikers will take care of you, as will the trail itself.
Hope you have a great hike!!  :)

Jim
Somerset, CA