[pct-l] Lake Levels VVR/Lake Thomas Edison

Ken Marlow pcthiker at cox.net
Sun Jan 30 20:16:37 CST 2011

2007 was a low year for the lake and I was curious if it was back up. In '07, one could walk about half the lake's length or more on its dry bottom. There's also the trail mentioned on the north side well above high lake level, on a ridge, that we've taken a couple times,  but the roller coaster ascent and descents and sandy tread make it a bit frustrating (the water taxi is definately the way to go). The trail goes past a large campground just before arriving at VVR. In 2007, we followed the lake bottom and then followed equestrian tracks that (sadly) made a volunteer trail up to that north side trail. As it turned-out, Bill was still running the water taxi, at a discounted rate. We took it back out.

Attached is a link of how it looked in 2007, in case you didn't catch it the first time (three pictures in that album):
https://picasaweb.google.com/109147781342813813792