[pct-l] worst case scenario

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 11:56:17 CST 2011

As for jaw dropping, that's so much of the trail.  All the AT hikers who
were seeing the West for the first time were just agog at the deserts, and
it just gets better.  I'll never get tired of the JMT section as it's in my
bones from childhood, but what amazed me this year was everything from Goat
Rocks north.  That section is equal to or better in places than the High
Sierra (maybe because it was new to me), so much so that I'm going back up
there from mid August to mid Sept. this year and hiking it again.  I hope to
catch the pack as it nears the border, and have some fun with all you
stinky, hiker trash, thrus, and see those incredible North Cascades again.
 Anybody I meet should have a stick of butter in their back for a mushroom
feed in camp.  We all carried butter across WA for that purpose, and also
because at that point most of us had lost so much weight, some hikers were
eating butter straight up to increase their calorie intake.  It tasted
great!

God what a great adventure you're all embarking on so soon!

Shroomer