[pct-l] Starting on July 6 in Campo. Impossible?

Halfmile list at lon.net
Sat Jul 2 11:15:02 CDT 2011

Matt,
While anything is possible, most people could not do this. I have
dropped two hikers off in Campo in June...one lasted 4 days the other
two days.

Another issue would be time. If you are very fit and can average 25
miles per day over your entire hike (a 107 day hike is faster than 90%
or more of PCT hikers) you would not finish until mid to late October,
which could be too late because of bad weather in northern WA.

Have you considered starting southbound around Ashland or Fish Lake,
OR and then flipping back up once you reach Lone Pine or Kennedy
Meadows and then doing southern CA in the fall?

-Halfmile