[pct-l] Which GPS?

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sat Jul 2 19:20:18 CDT 2011

I bought a Dakota 20 earlier this year because it seemed like a good unit.
However I returned it to REI for several reasons -- at least at first I had
problems with the unit not functioning properly; poor battery life; and the
screen was very difficult to read outdoors.

I'm exploring my options for a replacement. Might do without for a year or
so until I find something better. Magellan claims their GPS are easy to
read outdoors but I've no experience. Also their units are listed as not
compatible with Macs so this is a deal killer for me. There may be work
arounds / alternate software.

My 2¢.

Tortoise

<>  Because truth matters.<>