[pct-l] Fw: Reaction to Hikers - smell.

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 3 19:11:30 CDT 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Edward Anderson <mendoridered at yahoo.com>
To: Andrea Dinsmore <andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 3, 2011 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Reaction to Hikers - smell.

Hi Andrea,

I'm always surprised that the hikers don't bring along a solar shower.  I have had mine for well over 20 years and used it often on the PCT. Mine only weighs about 11 ounces ( the newer Pocket Shower weighs less than 5 ounces) and it also provides the convenience of running water from a faucet right at my camp. I guess the hikers approach is to wait until they are able to hitch to a town for a motel and a shower.  Of course, with my horse , I can't hitch a ride. My preference has always been to be more self-reliant and live on the trail.  I did hitch a lot during my PCT journey - but not with my horse.  Primo was always left in safe care while I drove ahead and cached my resupplies near road crossings and trail-heads.  Then I would hitch back, sometimes 200 miles or more, saddle up and head north to each resupply location.

It was great to meet you when we passed through Washington.

MendoRider/Ed Anderson