[pct-l] Artificial concern for hikers dealing with snow and water

PCT List pctlist at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 18:05:40 CDT 2011

When I read these posts with the aura of great concern for hikers
safety, I just roll my eyes.

If a fraction of this faux concern was exercised in oh, say, March or
April, I'd bet the ranch that many hikers would not have bailed or
flipped (attempted to) or quit altogether. BS? No. Read the journals
of those who departed KM in early June versus those who departed late
June.

Wait.

It is a simple word, a simple concept and the path of least
resistance, and the most overlooked idea  this spring by those who
could have made a difference simply be voicing your respected
opinions.

But that doesn't sell snow classes and of course the party must go on
as scheduled. I really hope some of you learned something, but, old
dogs, new tricks, etc.

-postholer