[pct-l] Snow in the Trinities

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Thu Jul 7 16:05:07 CDT 2011

The snow sensors are located in sunny meadows that melt out first. I remember seeing one clear on line but on site the snow pillow was the only dry spot for miles.

AsABat
PCT Water Reports SoCal http://pct.4jeffrey.net
Send water updates to water at 4jeffrey.net

Timothy Nye <timpnye at gmail.com> wrote:

Eric,

Thanks for the post. Half Mile was kind enough to send me this link while I
was headed to Old Station. I found that it is indeed true. The amount of
snow cover did exceed the amount suggested by the data. There ought to be a
way to extrapolate the actual coverage. With that said, it really is a
valuable resource. Now if there was a way to predict runoff in secondary
tributaries....
To unsubcribe, or change options visit: