[pct-l] Grizzly

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Fri Jul 8 20:03:47 CDT 2011

That makes sense. Years ago we carried moth balls (as I heard from another
hiker (last name Reynolds) who hiked in Alaska). The moth balls were in
small nylon sacks which were carried in a glass jar. We hung the small
sacks with the mothballs on the outside of our food bag when away from camp
/ at night. The food picked up a taste of mothballs which we did not like.

Maybe I'll try again this year with a small OPsack when carried then put
the "bear charms" around the base of the tree or around the canister while
in camp.

Thanks.

Tortoise

<>  Because truth matters.<>