[pct-l] Close call

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Fri Jul 8 23:41:28 CDT 2011

That's proof that the Gods keep watch over fools and small children.

His guardian angel needs to put in for overtime pay!

At least he was wise enough to have had a leash on his ice axe. I rarely see
them on hikers' axes, but mountaineers know better. That tiny bit of extra
weight can make all the difference between life and death if you and your
axe become separated during a fall. It's a lot easier to do than you might
think.