[pct-l] Blasphemy (Was Hidden Gems of Bridgeport)

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 17:55:14 CDT 2011

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:30:54 +0000
From: "Blanchard, Sym (GE&O)" <SWB3 at pge.com>
To: "'pct-l at backcountry.net'" <pct-l at backcountry.net>

Good grief, that's about as unhealthy as I can imagine for a long distance
hiker!  You need Calories!  Fat!  No wonder the staff was tsk-tsking.  And
you survived your hike on this stuff?

<sigh>
Piper's Mom

The food was great at the caf?, but you have to be creative to get a healthy
meal.  I was able to pick out four poached eggs, whole wheat toast-no
butter, two bowls of oatmeal-extra raisins-no brown sugar, two bowls of
fruit, two glasses of low fat milk (no-non fat), and herbal tea.

The waitress actually invited the entire kitchen staff, the owner, and a few
cowboy types from the nearby saloon to visit my table and peruse the
blasphemy.  Lots of shaking of heads and tsk-tsking.  Gotta love it!!