[pct-l] Ebbitts Pass

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 18:04:56 CDT 2011

Hi Shepherd,

I am also seeking current trail information.  The first part of my plans for this summer are to ride SOBO on Sections L,K, and J from Sierra City.  If the high trail north and south of Sonora Pass still has snow and ice I will descend past Wolf Creek Lake to the U.S. Marine Training Base on Highway 108. If PCT trail info at that time is encouraging I will continue south up the East Walker River to the PCT and head for Red's Meadow.  I'm hoping that if I wait until about August 8 to start from Sierra City those three PCT Sections will be clear and safely doable by a very sure-footed and agile Arabian horse.

How far north will you be hiking beginning Friday, July 10th? Will you go as far north as Sierra City.  I would greatly appreciate it if you would email me trail information on obstacles that you think might be difficult or impassable for a horse.

I will be forwarding to you a note from Mary Davies.  She is my angel in Sierra City.  She mentions a hiker hostel in S.C. and gives thier phone number.  You might get some info of interest to you from hikers who stop there.

Have a great hike.

MendoRider