[pct-l] Need ride from Walker Pass to Kennedy Meadows

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 11 20:35:01 CDT 2011

John,

There is lots of space to park your car at Walker Pass - but not as secure as at Kennedy Meadows.  WP is often deserted, possible vandalism. Have you considered hiking in the other direction?  You could leave your car at Tom Figueroa's in KM. and then hitch down to the highway.  You could find out who is going down from Tom or at the Store.  Find someone who will be going south on 395 and have them drop you off at the intersection of the road that goes toward Walker Pass and on to Lake Isabella.  It is an easy hitch to Walker Pass from there.  I got a ride from the first car and I doubt that you would have to wait more than 20 minutes. The locals know about the PCT and are helpful to hikers.  If you don't already have one of the "hiker to trail" bandanna's that were given at the KO, then print up a sign saying "PCT - WALKER PASS".

MendoRider