[pct-l] entering sierras in a week or two, thoughts?

Sir Mix-a-lot atetuna at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 20:35:22 CDT 2011

I'm heading south from Reds Meadow (Mammoth area) for a couple of days
starting on Wednesday.  Water levels are higher than usual, which has
severely damaged the bridges on the McGee spur trail. Things are starting to
dry out though, and water flowing across the trail is not as incredibly
plentiful as it was two weeks ago.  I doubt the crossings are that dangerous
since young Sunshine has been able to make it beyond this point.

There are many blooms.  Some plants at lower/warmer elevations may be
bearing fruit by the time you get here.  Spring is also bringing out young
animals.  Today I saw a mule deer doe and her baby.  The baby stumbled right
out in front of me before its mother caught up and guided her child away
from me.