[pct-l] Castle Crags north starting 23-25 July?

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Jul 12 20:16:42 CDT 2011

I read some PCT trail journals today and it sounds like a lot of
hikers were having success hiking from Fish Lake Resort in Oregon
SOBO to Old Station. There has been snow, but they've been able to
manage. So I think by July 25 you should be okay. You won't have an
entirely snow-free hike, but you'll probably do okay. And my guess is
that the mosquitoes will be hellish. Mosquito-geddon. Bring a big can
of spray-on deet and a headnet you can actually see through when the
sun shines on it otherwise your pictures of Oregon will be the only
way you'll see any of it.