[pct-l] JMT/Sierra Conditions? + Bear Ideas

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 11:18:34 CDT 2011

Hey all,

I will be posting pix of the lynx as well as moose, porpoises, whales,
eagles and calving glaciers this Saturday morning in a hiking column I've
been writing since last January.  When I got back from my thru hike last
year the editor of our local e-paper, Martinez.Patch.com, asked me to write
a hiking column.  At first I told him no way did I want a deadline back into
my life, but by Christmas I thought what the hell,  I'll write something.  I
usually profile a local hike and tell stories from the PCT last year, but
when I'm somewhere beautiful I profile where ever I am.  Several weeks ago
it was the Grand Canyon, now it's Alaska.  Last weeks article was all on
stream crossing, from my experiences and much we talk of on this list.  The
column is called Walk About Martinez, and if you search my name, you can get
the old columns.  The one on Grand Canyon is nice, as is the one in Henry
Coe State Park with Zinger, a bit ago.  If you want the stories of our
transit of the snow last year, they begin on Feb 10 or so.  It's been fun.
 I'll post a link on Sat as so many have asked for the pix of the lynx.

Thanks,

Shroomer

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Donna "L-Rod" Saufley <dsaufley at sprynet.com