[pct-l] JMT/Sierra Conditions? + Bear Ideas

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 18:37:38 CDT 2011

Dear Greg

The ultimate ultralight technique is a shout:

This is a my experience in Japan.

I was very tired and tried to sleep in my tent, but I could not sleep
for a few hours. I felt subliminal sounds in the forest, and I felt
something different from normal situation. Suddenly,
the ground was shocked as an earthquake by big footstep, and the shock
was continued regularly around my tent for a while. But, I tried to
sleep, ignoring these huge sounds for several minutes.

 There was no animal except bears who could make such big sounds. His
message was " This place is my home,  Put away the tent, and leave
here! ".  I know I had gone into their territory without their
permission, but I was sleepy and gradually I became irritated.

I shouted " I am sleepy! Be quiet! " . The big sounds stopped. I went
out the tent, but no one there. The subliminal sounds also
disappeared. Everything was in perfect silence. Then, I slipped into
my sleeping bag, and slept immediately. I slept soundly until morning.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )