[pct-l] Knee replacement

Keith Kurko kwkurko at comcast.net
Thu Jul 14 23:34:20 CDT 2011

Hi Sharon,

I had my left knee replaced five years ago, and have hiked and backpacked
extensively since then.  It feels great.  It took about ten months after
surgery to completely heal up.

A friend of mine with an artificial knee climbed Mount Rainer last year
(about 8,000 feet of continuous elevation gain, mostly straight up!)

I feel fortunate to live at a time in history and a place in the world that
has allowed me the extraordinary fortune to benefit from this amazing
technology.  :-)

Cheers,
WetLoon