[pct-l] PCT Thru-Hike Southbound

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 12:46:23 CDT 2011

You'll probably be good until the Trinities and Marbles where you could get
snow in Oct.  I've been buried under 3 feet of snow in one dump in early Oct
on Forester in the past, and you'll be coming through later than that.  As
everyone this year has found out, the weather is one of the most important
factors, and one of the least predictable.  If I had the time, and
inclination, I'd prepare for snow, and just start running.  You'll have a
ball for as long as you can still hike the trails.  Just be prepared to bail
and not complete the High Sierra until next spring/summer.

Sounds like fun if you leave yourself the freedom to bail rather than kill
yourself.

Shroomer