[pct-l] PCT Thru-Hike Southbound

Thelma Fredricksen thelma.fredricksen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 14:46:12 CDT 2011

I haven't thru hiked the PCT (yet), but have spent a lot of time in the Sierra backcountry. By Sept. 15th you have to be thinking about possible snow storms. It just depends on that year's weather, but the Sierra's are nothing to mess with. Trails are remote and high in the central portion. Accessibility by roads closes down either early or late depending on the weather. Businesses serving the high country close starting in September. The advice to come back to the Sierras after the winter has passed is good advice.
Thelma-ma