[pct-l] Bag/Quilt Warmth

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Jul 17 17:13:55 CDT 2011

On Jul 16, 2011, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I just wanted to throw out a question and see what everybody feels
> about the issue of what temp bag/quilt you feel you should would use
> on the PCT if you were to (re)hike it in the next year or two.

20-degree quilt worked fine for me the whole way and I continue to
use it wherever I go.

If I had to buy another bag, I might just go for a regular 20-degree
sleeping bag and keep it unzipped to use as a quilt whenever I wanted
a luxurious, roomy pile of down wrapped around me and zip it up
whenever I thought a fully-zippered experience might be useful.