[pct-l] Current Conditions Oregon D,E,F,G?

David Harp davidharp3 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 18 10:14:56 CDT 2011

I will be starting a nobo hike from Santiam Pass in central Oregon on August 7.  I too would like to get a read on what the snow conditions might be like as I move north to Canada.  It could be that I will use different shoe wear and carry instep crampons and and ice axe if I think the early morning firm snow condition presents a danger.  I have done a lot of High Sierra off-trail exploring and the most risky moves are on exposed steep north slope snow crossings.  Maybe the occasional patches of snow will not merit such precautions (I hope).  Anyone have a prediciton on the north cascades melt off?
Harpo