[pct-l] Current Condition for Sections I, J, and K

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 18 18:00:29 CDT 2011

Doug,

On search type in:       pct trail angels

You will have access to lots of info if you make some calls. Scroll down to get phone numbers of angels along your proposed route.

  I just called the Sierra Country Store in Sierra City. Kathy put me on the phone with hiker "Pine",  who had also just arrived in S. City.  He confirmed what Sniper had said.  There is still a lot of snow on those Sections. And also many downed trees.

Since I will be riding a horse,  I will delay my start until (probably) August 16.  I have already ridden from Mexico to Canada during 2008 and 2009.  I had missed the Sierra because there was too much snow when I reached Horseshoe
Meadows in mid-June. I trailered (preplanned) north to Sierra City.

I will be riding one horse SOBO - perhaps we will pass on the trail.

Have a great hike,
MendoRider