[pct-l] camp near I-5 & Siskiyou Summit

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Jul 21 20:47:14 CDT 2011

Good evening, Tortoise,

My recollection is much the same as Piper’s.  Also, the trail near the
freeway is -- or used to be -- substantially across relatively narrow
private land easements which will restrict camping possibilities.

Last summer I stopped at Callahan’s several times to haul hiker trash to
Ashland, and some of them were camping on the grass behind the lodge.  I’m
not sure if that is still an option.

 Steel-Eye

-http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

-http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09