[pct-l] Transportation from Reno airport to PCT at I80

Jan Benson long2hike at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 24 14:36:11 CDT 2011

Thanks for all of the information on getting from Reno airport to the PCT.  Here is my plan in case others find themselves in the same situation.  I will the the shuttle (http://www.northlaketahoeexpress.com/airport-transportation) to Truckee.  It is $40 one way.  When you look at the schedule page, scroll to the bottom to see the times to Truckee, in green.   In Truckee I can ask locals where to buy fuel and how to get to the trailhead.  I too hate having to hitch and avoid it as much as possible.  Thanks for everyone's help.  Now, hopefully the sun is melting the snow quickly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-06GPqCRk).

Jan