[pct-l] Starting a thru-hike in January from San Diego?

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 15:03:15 CDT 2011

You'll have cold and wet and snow in the deserts and lots of snow in the
Southern Mountains, which top 9,000 feet for many miles.  The Sierra will be
very, very difficult.  Even if the snow is passable, it is route finding for
hundreds of miles where you won't be able to see any trail as it will all be
under snow.  Not a good idea without serious prior experience in my opinion.
 It's a daunting journey for most mortals even when we start in mid April.

Shroomer