[pct-l] Starting a thru-hike in January from San Diego?

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 15:42:53 CDT 2011

I second that.  If I had to leave in January and I really had my heart set
on a long distance trail, I'd look at long distance trails that would be
passable during that time of year (Florida trail comes to mind).

I'm so glad you asked this question before heading out into the Sierras in
January.  The snow you encounter at that time of year is all powder... and
that makes for a completely different outdoor experience.  I think you'd
have a lot more fun on a long trail in the south at that time of year.

Austin Williams

www.PlanYourHike.com <http://www.planyourhike.com/>
Info on PCT Gear, Resupply Points, Maps, Thru hiking Movies, etc.