[pct-l] Music

Connie Davis connielavondavis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 20:03:11 CDT 2011

I've never carried a music device on a trail. I've sung with hiking partners (badly on my part) and memorized lots of lyrics and sang to myself. "I am Woman" got me up several passes in the Sierra. I think one of the reasons Mongous and I saw so much wildlife on our thruhike is because we are very attuned to nature's sounds. A single snap of a stick breaking is all there may be to alert you to see a bear feeding in the underbrush. I do think safety should be part of the consideration of when to listen to music, sing or listen to the sounds around you. I do like to listen to music and audiobooks and sometimes do when walking in my neighborhood.

Have fun, be safe, leave no trace

Lookout

Sent from my iPhone