[pct-l] Question for thru-hikers: How many are using music to

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 20:41:15 CDT 2011

Didn't carry one on the AT, did on the PCT.  Probably won't carry one on
next thru hike.  Only listened to it a few times, a couple at night and a
few times when hiking.  Remember getting one good radio station on Hat Creek
Rim but the radio never got a station for very long before fading out.  The
radio in my device might not have been very good - hard to tell.

Maybe it was the choice of music I had loaded -- but I generally just
preferred the sounds of nature.   If I do bring it again I might load some
podcasts of radio shows that I like but haven't heard yet - like "This
American Life" etc.    But probably I'll just leave it at home.   Mine has 1
AAA battery and weighed very little.

This rambling probably doesn't help much.   I guess to each his own. Won't
know till you try it.  HYOH,  etc.

Day-Late (the wishy-washy)