[pct-l] music while hiking

sabra985 sabra985 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 06:21:10 CDT 2011

I'm in the same boat as Marion, being a musician - a pernicious ear-worm can
be absolutely miserable. I would use my iPod for about 1-2 hours after
lunch. It helped me to break through the post-lunch stupor. By limiting my
time, generally my battery would last all the way in to town, assuming that
I remembered to hit the "off" button at the end of each session. Also, I
only hike with one ear in - I wrapped the extra cord and extra ear bud up
with a small piece of duct tape so it wouldn't all get tangled. For people
concerned about weight, you can chop off the extra ear bud :)