[pct-l] blistered lips

aslive at charter.net aslive at charter.net
Tue Jul 26 10:29:55 CDT 2011

My lips bluster from the sun whenever I backpack, particularly at
altitude and over snow.  I use an SPF lip protection but it still
happens.  Maybe this is because I am the first member of my family to
rise up out from my coffin during the daytime in 500 years, I don't
know.  Anyway, I am wondering what folks use to treat this condition.  I
have tried Aloe Vera gel and triple antibiotic ointment, Campho-Phenique
and petroleum jelly, nothing seems to help.  A week- and-a-half to two
weeks is a long time to stay out of the sun.  Any suggestions?

Shepherd