[pct-l] Minimal shoes

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Jul 26 20:01:42 CDT 2011

Crow has some words of wisdom.
http://asthecrowflies.org/2010/12/14/hiking-barefoot-vibram-five-
fingers-on-the-pct/

I hike in Chacos and enjoy them. Not too good on snow but otherwise
great. I wear flat shoes I make myself most of the time. Went for a
hike in a pair of homemade shoes on Sunday and burnt the bottoms of
my feet on the hot dirt through my shoes! You might consider
something thicker like the Altra line, which is zero-drop but with a
thicker sole. http://shop.altrarunning.com