[pct-l] Bag/Quilt Warmth

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Jul 27 20:49:49 CDT 2011

I only remember one night in the High Sierra colder than anything in
the Southern California section and that was when I camped at Tyndall
Creek. I generally avoid camping near cold places like creeks and
lakes where cold, damp air settles but it just turned out that way
that day. I learned my lesson though. Much warmer to camp mid-slope.

I used my quilt from Wrightwood to Canada and continue to use it. I
haven't washed it yet. It doesn't smell, doesn't look compressed,
doesn't look dirty or used and still keeps me warm. I never use a
stuff sack. I sleep in my hiking clothes. I don't know if I'm just
lucky or if it's simply a non-issue.

Diane