[pct-l] hiking gaiters

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Jul 28 20:46:36 CDT 2011

You might be able to cut a pair of tube socks. Cut the toe and use
the baggy foot end over the opening of your shoe and the tighter leg
end over your leg.

I made my own dirty girls pretty easily, but I had a pair to copy.
Basically, the bottom line is curved slightly, so that the pattern is
like a curved trapezoid. The seam goes down the front. You could
probably just pin some fabric on your foot as you think it should go
and cut it out. Might look awful but would probably work just fine.