[pct-l] GeoPro operating experience

David Lippke lippke.list at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 03:26:01 CDT 2011

I'm not sure if folks out there are generally aware of
GeoPro<http://www.geoprosolutions.com>,
a more robust version of SPOT with 2-way satellite messaging.

My wife and I have been intensively using the service and a couple of their
original units since we started down the trail on April 26.   As a reminder,
I'm biking a tandem and my wife's hiking and so our needs for coordination
and communication are high.

The service is definitely something only a small minority would want or
need, but as a former heavy user of SPOT, I'll assert that many SPOT users
would be better served by GeoPro.   It does cost more than SPOT, but not
crazy more and you gain considerable functionality.

Okay .. blah blah .. I know most think even SPOT is a waste.   But if you're
interested, I've put some details of our observations with pictures of the
thing and the web interface off of our journal site as
http://tadteam.posterous.com/pages/geopro-satellite-locator-details.

All the best, David / White Jeep