[pct-l] Current Snow Conditions Forester Pass

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Fri Jun 3 15:36:06 CDT 2011

Ann Marie and Mntn Ned:

Thanks for the incredible summary of how-to's for backpacking in the snow, Ann Marie, and the condition updates from Mntn Ned. This message is a keeper in my info archives for sure. It makes a big difference to get a first hand account of what's out there, as opposed to looking at an average historic snow level graph.

I just saw a picture of the snow at Tuolumne Meadows--11 feet!! The Yosemite snowplows from the west have met the Mono County snowplows from the east last Tuesday. Now they have to widen the swath.

Good Luck to all the thrus this year--another one for the record books!

--Fireweed