[pct-l] Snow depth

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Sun Jun 5 08:02:05 CDT 2011

>From Yoshihiro:
> Denis Stanton took a photo  June  2 in 2008.
> <http://bit.ly/jZpZ4B> ...
>
> 2011/6/3 Richard Robinson <rcr4624 at yahoo.com>:
>> Does anyone know the snow depth at bighorn plateau on June 1?

But one should take that 2008 photo in perspective to 2011 conditions...
FWIW, see <http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/snowapp/swcchart.action>, and select
"2007-2008" and click on the "Draw chart" button...

2008 was a near 'normal' year until April, then there was a relatively fast &
early melt-off (during April & May, with 'much' of the snow gone by early June)...
I would 'expect' to see more snow on the Bighorn Plateau now than in the '08 photo -
but that's an 'educated' wild-ass-guess from various snow report data, NOT 'on-hand' info!
;o)

Happy trails!!!
Jim (PITA)