[pct-l] Hiker Trash

Charles Doersch charles.doersch at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 13:50:12 CDT 2011

Thanks, Diane. We now are planning to pack an extra garbage bag each for
along-the-route trail care. I've never seen trashing here in the many high
mountain trails outside Boulder -- the worst we get on trails are little
plastic bags of dog poop that wait in the trail ostensibly for the owner to
pick up on the way back. I wonder how many manage it? But otherwise, rare.
Areas accessed by dirt bikers and atv's and four-wheelers seem to get sudden
dumps of beer cans and potato chip bags ... that's off in other parts of the
Rockies, tho. And not by hikers, so far as I can tell. Yikes!

Charles.