[pct-l] Now I'm really disgusted Re: Hiker Trash

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Sun Jun 5 16:36:48 CDT 2011

I can't believe this. Someone as generous as Andrea opens her place to hikers and she is repaid by having to clean up after them? I thought they'd all be doing chores for her, not adding to her chores.

She's called PCT Mon because she cares about us, not because we're her kids she has to pick up after. ( I know it's not most hikers but even one is too many.)

Andrea, we haven't met face to face yet but I do look forward to in a couple years and know I will treat you and Jerry with the respect you so deserve.

AsABat
PCT Water Reports SoCal http://pct.4jeffrey.net
Send water updates to water at 4jeffrey.net

Andrea Dinsmore <andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com> wrote:

It doesn't matter if some hikers are out in the wilderness or in a trail angels home. The last couple of years the "misplaced" garbage has increased in our yard....even inside our hiker dorm. The (how special I am) attitude has become apparent in more of the hikers. These folks need to realize that they are just one of 1000's that have done what they are doing. This was your choice to hike and not too many others on this planet give a hoot about you wandering through the woods. Maybe the attitude gets more visible when they are closer to the end of the trip. You are a guest on the trail, in towns and in the private homes you visit. You wouldn't be a slob in your Mom's or Gramma's house. Don't do it out here. PCT MOM_____________________________________________