[pct-l] A thru hike and a snow skills weekend

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Mon Jun 6 16:50:29 CDT 2011

Just to let everybody know that we will be teaching two more Snow Skills Courses during June:

- 4-day weekend, Intermediate Snow Skills Course (SIC-1) June 17-20, 2011 along the PCT through Desolation Wilderness http://postholer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3568#3568

- 18-day "thru hike" of the 165-mile Tahoe Rim Trail (SAC-5), June 10-27, 2011
http://postholer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1331 This trip, or even a part of it, would be a great test-run for any aspiring PCT thru hiker who wants to both practice his/her snow skills and be out on the trail for a few weeks with resupply logistics! This event is being watched by the media in order to promote the trail and the Tahoe Rim Trail Association. http://www.tahoerimtrail.org/

(If all the details are not up at Postholer when you go to look, we'll be writing it all up tonight!)

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
1106A Ski Run Blvd