[pct-l] hiker trash

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Mon Jun 6 17:25:22 CDT 2011

You wouldn't be a slob in your
Mom's or Gramma's house. Don't do it out here.

PCT MOM

You're more of an optimist than I about this issue...I believe they would be just as inappropriate, by our standards, at their family's homes. I think "we", the trail community at large, have created mainly young men who do feel they are some how above what we'd call common courtesy. There is absolutely no denying that they will have accomplished something very few people can/will do, none-the-less, it exempts them from nothing. They should not feel exempt from trail work, thank you, LNT ethics, and to simply cleaning up after themselves.

E-gads, I'm sounding old! (but I believe accurate)

are we there yet

...going to the mountains is going home.

John Muir