[pct-l] Hiker Trash

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Jun 6 19:48:09 CDT 2011

On Jun 6, 2011, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:
> 4. In all my years of hiking and backpacking I never had enough
> time to stop and grow marijuana. Frankly, it just takes too long to
> set up all those irrigation hoses and then - the wait for the buds?
> And there is no practical place to plant it on Fuller Ridge - I'm
> just guessing here, not speaking from experience. Can't be thru-
> hikers involved in that.

Oh yeah? Every time I've hiked Fuller Ridge I've managed to grow a
couple of acres of marijuana.

Ok. Just kidding. I, too, thought that was odd to think that hikers
who just want to get the heck off Fuller Ridge and onward across the
desert would be accused of taking the time to grow crops on the
trail. Also strange that any hikers would ask anybody in Snow Creek
community for anything. A) there's plenty of water at the faucet and
B) isn't it common knowledge that the denizens of Snow Creek are not
hiker friendly? I don't know if that's true, but that's what I've
heard. Of course, we met a friendly man walking his unfriendly little
yip-yip dogs the day we hiked through Snow Creek, so maybe it's not
true, but it's what I heard somewhere.