[pct-l] Avoiding snow in Northern Cal.

Cole Ferguson colefer at comcast.net
Fri Jun 10 17:12:08 CDT 2011

Hello my name is Cole, I'm a new-time PCTer and I'll be getting on the
trail June 19th.  I was planning on beginning near Chester and the Mt
Lassen Wilderness, though it seems picking up near Berney might be
wiser to avoid high sierra snow.  I will be headed northbound at a
slow pace.  Is there too much snow to get through from Mt. Lassen?
Would I be better off starting farther south or north?  This is my
first time and I am unsure of how much snow to expect.
Thank you