[pct-l] Avoiding snow in Northern Cal.

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Fri Jun 10 21:43:32 CDT 2011

Good evening, Cole,

Beginning 19 June you can expect considerable snowpack everywhere on the PCT
from the S. Sierras to Canada.  Expect to walk on lots of snowpack until
late July.
http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/ftpref/support/water/westwide/snowpack/wy2011/snow1105.gif

That’s early for the usual thru-hiker crowd – meaning few/no tracks -- so
route-finding and overall progress will be slow.

Enjoy your hike,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09