[pct-l] PCT Maintenance Opportunity - Snoqualmie Pass, Washington

Barry Teschlog tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 13:10:24 CDT 2011

Here's your chance to help out the PCT in Washington near Snoqualmie Pass.

For those of you who've hiked the section south of Snoqualmie, you know this
part of the trail is in need of some serious TLC.  We'll pick up where we left
off last fall with the first of 3 scheduled weekend work parties on July 30-31.

This first weekend will focus on finishing a tread restoration project we
started last August.  We'll install rock check steps and restore an eroded,
rocky section of trail near Olallie Meadows, about 4-5 trail miles south of
Snoqualmie Pass.  The hike into the work site is about a mile or so.  If we wrap
this up, we'll press north toward Snoqualmie Pass doing general maintenance on
this section of the trail.

Car camping is available about 1/2 a mile from the trail access point for those
who wish to stay near the work site.

Only interested or available for one day?  No problem - come out for one day.
Don't care to car camp?  Again, no problem - commute from home or head down the
road ~15 minutes to the hotel at Snoqualmie Pass.

Sign Up:
Contact Merrit Hoeh at the PCTA
mhoeh at pcta.org

Project Description:
http://www.trailprojects.com/pct6-02.html
or get there via the PCTA web site by clicking Volunteer on the right, then
Volunteer Opportunities on the left and scrolling down.

We've had a few sign ups already, we need more - this part of the PCT needs all
the help it can get.

Hope to see you out there.

Barry