[pct-l] Is it too late for Southern Ca?

CClark dr_carolyn at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 13:54:18 CDT 2011

We're 60-yr-old section hikers-- we cover about 350 miles of the PCT in 3 or 4
weeks each summer (until we retire and can become thru-hikers).  We can only get
vacation time in July.

We had planned to hike from Crater Lake to Mt. Rainier this year, but due
to snow levels, we've canceled that.

The only remaining portions of the trail we haven't hiked yet = Campo to Walker
Pass. I'm looking through the guide book, trying to find the "least hot"
segment.  Would we be crazy to try to hike California Sections B, C, and D in
July?  I'd rather hike in heat than in snow!

Thanks for your ideas,

Sole Doctor and Boom Done